Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tylers Jail Visit

Tyler had a great time on his field trip to the County Jail. He loved it!! He is more convinced now that he wants to be a Police Officer,...., more now than ever. When, I, picked him up from school yesterday, he was so excited to share his experience. Besides a couple of whistles from inmates, he loved it! They actually showed them the coarse you have to do in the Academy, to pass, the physical fitness coarse. They told the class how many sit-ups, push ups etc., then they showed them the actual obstacle coarse. Tyler said it would be a breeze for him!! He is very sure of himself!! LOL!! Which I think is a good thing. I am so glad it was such a positive experience for him. So, he is going to continue to follow his dream! He told me, when they walked by where the inmates take their showers, someone poked their had out from behind the shower curtain and yelled,"DON'T DROP THE SOAP", Tyler thought that was hilarious!! Of coarse those people or in their for non violent crimes. The inmates in for violent crimes such as battery or murders, were not allowed out of their cells during the tour. Tyler said, the felony inmates, were the ones stuck in their cells whistling at the class and making rude comments. He told me the windows to their cells were covered in white stuff!! Yea, Ty, said he new what THAT was!! GROSS!! All in all it was a 10 for Ty's day!! I am so glad he got to experience all of it. It really gave him a better idea of what it is all about!!



Today, I get to go to Tracy, to see my shrink. I'm hoping I can get rid of one of my meds. If she feels it wont interfere with my progress. Just costing so much, for the meds. Steve, said he doesn't care as long as I continue to progress and feel better!! So, Steve and I will be headed out to Tracy, then I will come home and do some laundry, and get my dinner going!



Be proud Idahoans, I have scrapped this week!! Just a bit, in my friends book. But, I am gonna wait for the pictures of all of us, to finish it. So, I can add pictures of my new friends too!!

I am also gonna check out some embroidery patterns, give it a shot!! Ok C, no heckling!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like he had a great trip! I think he will be a great oficer, he really seems to have a passion for it already.

Here's a website that na & I just ordered patterns for embrodiery from, they're not iron-on's, so you have to trace them, but they're worth it, lol!
http://www.primitive-stitches.com/catalog.php?category=4
And a favorite site to order from
www.sublimestitching.com fun, cool iron-on patterns there. :o)

Good much with the meds & progress.

Anonymous said...

ha ha, I meant good luck, lol

sandi said...

Hey, I like the much!! It's really close to lunch or munch!! LOL!! All things I enjoy!! (ha ha)!! Thanks for the well wishes, and the websites, I will check them out!!
I will post about the Dr., appt., later!!
Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me the info for your blog!

My husband went through a lot of the training to be a police officer. He even did the physical fitness course, which almost killed him. It didn't end up working out but it's great that your son has a dream to pursue!

Good luck with embroidery. Darcie has me working on 7 tea towels for our Mops leadership team right now....after this, I might need to take a little embroidery break!

sandi said...

Hey Pork, No problem!! I haven't had a chance to check out the web sites for the embroidery yet. Is it cheaper to get them on-line?? I was thinking of checking out The WalMart LOL!! I just figure that would be cheaper then Michaels. When I get a chance to go into Modesto I can go to the craft store. We don't have one here in T-town. And I haven't really kicked the cold yet. SO when I am up to it, I will go into Modesto, it only takes about 10 minutes to get there. I, can say, the embroidery, does seem a little more complicated then scrappin, and harder on the hands.