Tuesday, November 20, 2007
No Beverly Hillbillies
WOW! OMG! I finally went shopping for T-day!! Yea, didn't want to do it, but it had to be done. No one else seemed to be taking any steps towards doing the job, so, IT IS DONE!! Now, is the fun of waiting for the damn thing to thaw, cooking all the yummy food, then cleaning it all up!! WOW! OMG! Should I be dancing or crying?!?!?!?!? Love spending the time with my little family, but MAN, it is a lot of work!! Anyone else out there feel the pain???? Sad, and Na., don't pass out, sounds sad........., but I am almost tempted to use paper plates. OOOOHHHHHHHHHH, I know, I said it. PAPER PLATES!! Just think how much easier the clean up would be!!! Haven't bought any, but I sure was checking them out, they had some really pretty ones!! I have some new china, a friend gave me. It's bone china, whatever that is. I don't know!! I know it is really pretty. Still in the box. Maybe, I will take those down, and use them. I could use them. Well, i guess will see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It never even crossed my mind to use regular plates. I am going paper. Although I don't have a dishwasher nor do I have enough regular plates. I got some sort of china in the garage in storage and no I am not getting it down. If they don't like it they don't have to eat it. They should just be thankful to spend the day with me LOL.
Is your turkey as hard as na's turkey? That is the question, LOL!
Good luck on the cooking! :o)
Yaeh ee, I think it's harder!!
Paper to be or not to be that is the question?!?!?!!?!? I say PAPER!!
Love Sandi
EE, I like mine as hard as I can get it!!!!! LOL!!
Hugs, Sandi
Kary, I think your right on the paper plates!!
Well Sandi, my Tom is getting more on the soft side now and I'm afraid this whole discussion is turning porno before our eyes.
As for paper plates. My response my surprise you. You see, I rarely hosted ANY holidays when we were in San Diego. My parents did it all, every holiday, every year. Oh sure, I had birthdays and my tea party but other than that...nothing. WHen we moved here I was faced with hosting two holidays a year (this year will be three, thank you very much): Easter and Christmas Eve for a family of at least a dozen and some years closer to 20. I do not have that many dishes. I would like to collect all different white dishes (totally versitile)...but I fear I am veering off subject. From that first Christmas Eve I hosted, I bought really pretty paper plates and have done that (to my mother's ghastly sighs) every year, every holiday. Since this is my first Thanksgiving I was tempted to use these brown/cream rooster dishes that my parents got as a wedding gift 55 years ago and my mom used every year, but I do not have enough and since I am doing all the fucking cooking, I know damn well I will be doing all the fucking dishes too so I say: PAPER RULES...in my totally non-brevity kind of way! LOL.
Yes Porn indeed!!LOL!! Thank God, you use paper plates, I was afraid I was gonna get put on your D list!! LOL!! My Turkey is getting ready to be put in Kocher Salt, to Marinade, over night! I guess they call it a brine(?). Steve, is trying a new recipe he saw on one of the cooking shows. I just got done making the dressing and my famous fruit salad. Steve just make his potato salad and now he is getting his meat ready!! LOL!
Still more cooking to be done tomorrow, and I am already fucking tired.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Hugs, Sandi aka Wings!!
Post a Comment