Well, got up early this morning to get Tyler to school for a field trip. He is going to the County Jail. His whole class gets to go inside the jail on a tour, of the whole facility. I actually had to sign a consent form regarding hostage situations. If Tyler was to become a hostage, of one of the inmates, the school nor the Jail, would be responsible for the demands of the hostage taker!! Wow!! That was a totally different consent form, then the norm!! I was a little taken back, kinda scary!!
Tyler was very excited!! As I have probably mentioned Tyler wants to be a Police Officer. So, he is taking his criminal justice class as a Jr., it counts toward his college credits! I am a little worried about him. I will feel better once I pick him up after school today. I can't wait to hear how it went.
As for me, well, I am finally getting rid of that awful cold. Thank goodness. Still have a little cough, but, the fever has finally broke.
My niece Maria, came by last night with my sister, nephew, my new great nephew Jr. Jr., is getting so big he will be 3 months old this month. I can't believe it, already. He was laughing and smiling at me last night so darn cute. Maria, (my niece), still wants me to babysit. I keep avoiding the question. I love him and would love to do it part-time, but everyday, at least 9 hours a day. I just don't think I want to be stuck in the house that much. I mean, I don't go out much, but at least if I decide to go shopping or to lunch with a friend, I can just get up and go. I feel a little bad about not doing it, but, hey, my kids are pretty much grown. If it was my grandchild, it may be different.
I will let you all know how Tyler's field trip goes. I really hope he enjoys himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So I take it that parents don't accompany their teenagers on field trips, right?
So glad you are feeling better...
As for the babysitting...I think you are either cut out for that kind of work, or you aren't. I tried it once for a friend and I don't care how much she was paying me: IT WASN"T ENOUGH. I was more exhausted than I already was. I hated it. After a month I told her I couldn't do it anymore and it would have to be a cold day in hell before I agreed to something like that again...I LOVEEEEEEEE having my day to myself...doing what I want for once...babies are a tough gig...you know what, once you say NO to her with or without explanation (us women tend to go on and on with an explanation when one is really not necessary nor required) you will feel EMPOWERED!
Wow, that sound sike an exciting field trip, lol! Can't wait to hear how it went.
Glad to hear you're starting to feel better! Don't do too much too fast.
Yeah, I don't know if I would want to be tied down like that with babsitting. I almost did it too, but it didn't work out, probably for the best. If you really like the idea of babysitting occasionally, let her know you'd be willing to fill in for the regular sitter she ends up with now & then. It will likely be a relief to her to have someone as a back up when the sitter get's sick.
No, Na, parents don't get to accompany their teens, LOL! Unfortanately, for me, since I am such a control freak. He is home safe and sound tonight. I will share more when I post next!!
I agree with both of you on the babysitting, I told her exactly what EE said. I will feel in if she needs me, but I don't want to do it full time.
Natalie, I totally agree, there is not enough money in the world for me to give up my days either!!
Forgot to sign in, sorry!!
Love, Sandi P.S. Thanks you, for the advise and opinions!! I really appreciate them!!
The babysitting is your choice. Don't let anyone make it for you. She is asking you because of how much you love kids and she knows you would spend that love on her baby. I would love to do it, if it only paid what my day job pays. BTW I updated my page and you don't even comment. BLEEAAHH! Oh, and do yo know the verdict? Do I get to support another SMITH?
I have no idea on the verdict of the new Smith child yet or not! They haven't talked to me, since I recieved the day after Halloween apology phone call!
Post a Comment