Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Little Bro Update!!

Hello All,
It has been a very long month and a half!! My little brother, has been moved to a Rehabilitation Center in Santa Clara. He is moving his arms and hands a little better, but he has a long long way to go!! He still isn't speaking. He can now say a few words, which before he couldn't say anything. He still cannot walk yet. They are working on him getting his balance back first, then they will start letting him practice on the parallel bars, and then hopefully a walker. He is having to be fed through a feeding tube, that they placed directly into his stomach, his swallowing, has been effected. Since he is unable to eat regular food, he has lost over 50 pounds. He is so frustrated and scared, discouraged!! I am so sad for him. I absolutely can't stand seeing him this way!!

The Rehabilitation center he is at now, he has his own physical therapist, a vacation therapist, speech therapist, and a psychologist, and nurse. He has to do physical therapy everyday, Monday through Saturday. Sunday is a rest day.

My sister and I, went to see him last Sunday, he just seems so sad. I got him to smile and laugh a few times, all he has right now, is just to be inside himself, he has an alphabet paper, so he can write things for us, but he still has trouble using his hands , so it's very frustrating for him, when we don't understand, what he is trying to tell us! He is doing allot better, though. He can drink on his own, he is getting stronger everyday!! Just hoping and praying, he can come back, 100%. It is just awful to see my little brother this way!

Please God, give Paul the strength to carry on, let your will be done in his life and not his own! Help him to hang in there and know, that there is a reason for this awful tragedy, although, we don't know what that is right now. Please give him patience, to continue his physical therapy, and not feel so frustrated!! Feel him with the Holy Spirit, and help him to have Faith, that all will be okay!! In Jesus name I pray!!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your prayer for Paul. I am sure with all the work they are making him do that he is frustrated. I hope that he can get back physically to what he once was. Love you

sandi said...

Thank You anonymous!!
I appreciate it!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear is is recovering (slowly but surely!). We'll continue to keep him in our prayers. Hope you are doing good!

butterfly lover said...

Oh, so you don't know who anonymous is? HA, HA, It is I said Kare Bare. I was too darn lazy to log in. If Tanner is able to see Dad and you go please let me know. Love ya

sandi said...

Darcie, Please, give me your blogspot address, I lost it. You can email me. cantdecide67@hotmail.com, I miss blogging with you!!

sandi said...

Hey Kary,

I wasn't sure if it was you are not!! Mike asked me to call Tanner, to tell him how Paul was doing. Well, I would have, but, I dropped my cell phone in my glass of water, so it doesn't work, and all my numbers were in it on my sim card!! I, now have a new phone, my sim card still worked. I will call him over the weekend. I don't know if I am going Sunday or not. If I do, We will have to take two cars if Tanner wants to go, cause, my Dad and brother Steve are going. If Maria is going or I can get Chase to go, we will have enough room for Tanner. You, know I won't drive over there. I will let you know!! Maybe if my car is fixed by then, someone could drive mine, like bro Steve, and then Tanner could ride with us. I don't know. I'll call if there is room!!
Please let Tanner know his Dad, is making progress, slow, but he is doing a little bette

butterfly lover said...

Girl, you need to be careful around liquids don't you. Glad you got a new phone to replace your soggy one. I will tell Tanner. Thanks for the update.