Hello All,
It has been a long couple of months!! My brother is at home, and now he has to do out patient therapy. He is talking a little and he is eating pureed food. They left the tube in his tummy for now, just until he is eating better, due to the swallowing, he still has trouble taking his meds, and swallowing some foods, even though they are pureed. He is walking a little. They will be working with him on the walking, and all the rest of the things that are already progressing. He came over on Easter, he ate everything I Pureed for him. Ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and stuffing. Then I pureed two pieces of cherry pie and cool whip, he ate all of eat. Someone still has to feed him, but Thank God, he is eating, talking walking and walking a little!!!!
I am so happy, there are no words to describe, how proud I am of him, he is really pushing himself to be the best he can be!! He actually called me himself last night, he remembered my number, and he talked to me. Some things are still hard to make out, but for the most part, if you really listen, you can understand!! I am just thrilled!!! We had a really nice Easter, we went outside, and Steve andTyler were playing catch with Paul's boys, Paul came outside and enjoyed the sun!! I am so glad he is out and about!!!
As for me and my immediate family, we are doing great!! Just chilling and enjoying spring break!!
I hope all of you are doing great!! Miss talking to all of you!! Thank You for all your thoughts and prayers, they have been answered!! He has a long way to go, but he is sooooooooo on his way!!
Thanks!!!!!
Love to all, miss all you Idaho Gals!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It is nice to hear that things are going in a direction for him. I had no idea that Tanner was going to be brought home by His Dad and Tif tonight. Then he stunned me by asking if he could stay the night. They did not like my answer so I had to go out and explain it to them. I am not comfortable with it, of course that is not what I said. The whole thing put me in an uncomfortable position and I was not prepared for it. You know me, I have trouble saying No, especially to my boy. I looked to Mike for help, of course he left the room when I did. I told her that he could come for the day, maybe saturday or sunday. Paul would not look at me, but maybe once, and I was standing on his side of the car. Tanner claims he tried to call me four times before he came home. I think He simply dialed and then hung up because I had no missed calls on my phone. I think he was afraid of what my answer would be cuz he knew. I am also curious to know where he sat in the car because there was not enough room for everyone in it. By the way, I called you. Tanner says you might be going out there and if you do he would like to go. That is fine, but could you please bring him back. I hope you don't think I am being a bitch, just being a mom.
I also wanted to tell you about what happened at Mike's appointment today. Or you can call him if you like.
Kary,
With the situation being what it is with Paul, I feel, the best thing for Tanner is to spend as much time with Paul as possible!! Paul, has a brain injury, and he may never come out of it. Tanner needs to be around his Father, to learn to understand him. His speech, the more you are around him, the easier it is to understand him. His Father, really needs his family around him to keep up his spirits and give him a reason to keep fighting, to try and get better!! Tanner wants to spend time with him and his brothers and sister, and Paul really needs it!! Maybe he can atleast go every other weekend!!
I know you have mixed feelings about him going. He is 13, he is able to call you if there is a problem. There wont be. He would have more then enough supervision. I love Tanner and would never do anything to hurt him, or put him in any danger. Maybe even start with one night on the weekend. Just to see, how Tanner feels about it!! I truly love my brother, and I almost lost him, he is lucky to be here with us, and he loves Tanner with all his heart. I am not saying it has been easy for you!! I know it hasn't!! Paul, is in no condition to fight! He really just wants to spend time with his son.
I am stepping out of it!! It is way to close to home for me. I can't imagine if that were Steve!! All of this has just made me realize, life is very short, we need to live life, spend time with our loved ones and be the best that we can be! If you decide Tanner can spend more time with his father, I have no problem taking him out there and picking him up. It would be great, if you and Tiffany could talk and figure things out between the two of you, since Paul, speech is what it is right now!! I think that would be best for Tanner, especially with Paul not being able to do all the talking!! If I thought, there was any danger for Tanner, I would not even mention any of this, I hope you know that!! I know all this is hard on you two, but, everyone needs to think about, the relationship between Paul and Tanner, now. There is a whole new dynamic, to their relationship, that needs to be nurished and worked on. Tanner may have to come to the fact, that his Father may never be any better then he is now!! I hope and pray that there is more improvement, but they can't say either way!!
Just think about it!!
Love, Sandi
I had a lot to say to this, but I deleted it all. Let me start again. I have encouraged visits, I just think Tanner needs a little at a time to deal with it. I am not the pyschologist, but I believe I am right on this. He will be going to the pyschologist in a few weeks and hopefully I can get his input on how Tanner is handling it since Tanner keeps things to himself, much like his parents. I have asked Tanner if he would like to visit tomorrow and he has yet to answer me. I or Mike will take him, that is not a problem. Sorry if you feel in the middle. I will stop confiding in you about it to prevent this from happening. Thanks for trying to understand.
Hey you,
Your the Mother, and I know you have Tanners best interest at heart. You are a great Mom, so please do what you think is right!!
You know, maybe seeing his Father like that makes him upset, and maybe he doesn't want to spend to much time out there. I am no pyschologist either, I think him talking to his pychologist, and getting his perspective is a great idea!! I hope I didn't upset you, I just everyone could get along!!
I know, that is probably a pioe dream, and will never happen. I just know, none of this is any of my business, and I am gonna stay out of it, no matter what I do, one way or another, someone ends up being pissed off at me. I just can't stand it.
Sandi
1
1
1
In a perfect world everyone does get along.
That's true!! In a perfect world, everyone does get along!! I actually, remembered to sign in this time, so I don't have to be anon., damn, I'm good!! LOL!!
Hope all is well, how is Tanner doing with all of the new changes with his Dad? I hope well!!
What day is Mike having his surgery? Did you guys find out yet? When he called to tell me he saw the Doctor, he sounded excited, to finally be getting rid of all that knee pain!! He said he and Steve would have to go golfing, since he was gonna be layed up a while. If they go on a Sunday, maybe we can shop!!
Love, Sandi
Oh speaking of surgeries...., I just got back from seeing Darla at the hospital!! She had to have emergency surgery last night. She had to have her apendix,removed, and 4 cyst one of her ovaries. Chris called me this morning, to let me know. So, Tyler and I went to see her after I picked him up from school. She was really soar, and sleepy from the meds!! Sad it took her being in the hospital, for me to get over there to see her. You, know life, sometimes get's so crazy, it is hard to know which way is up!! They want her to get up and walk, but she is just so nausious, she hasn't been able to. Hopefully, she can keep some food down, get up and walk, so she can go home tomorrow. I think she needs to stay longer, but hell they probably need to give the bed to the next victim!! LOL!!
Chat Soon Sandi
San,
Where are you... you said you would be calling me! I miss you. Call me give me an update on Paul and tell me about Darla! Come on girl I don't have long distance... Call me!!!!!
Post a Comment