Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Little Bro!!

I haven't been onmy blog in days. My little brother Paul, ODd on Meth and xanax. He was on a vent machine, that was breathing f0r him for over a week. His kidneys have shut down. He is unable to talk, walk or use his arms. His kidneys, may come back depending on how much damage has been done to them, due to the drugs. They think his voice will come back, it is extremely raw, swallon and irritated from intabated. They have a tube feeding him directly to his stomach, they didn't want to go through the nose, due to the throat already being so irritated. So, they put a feeding to directly into his tummy, to get some nutrition, into his system. He was eating on his own and drinking, but when the did the swallowing test, he was not swallowing all the way, and some of the fluids, and food, were going into his lungs, which is very dangerous, for him, he could choke or asperate. So, they want the feeding tube, directly into his tummy, to let his throat heal. Then, if his speech is still bad, they will know it is neourolgical. His hands, arms, legs and feet, have been effective. There is no sign of brain damage. They, think it will all come back with, speech, occupational. and pyscical therapy. He is really a strong man!! He is hanging in there, it has been awful for him. He can't talk, to tell us how he is feeling, if he is pain ect., he can't get up to use the bathroom, he can't drink or eat on his own, so the feeding tube, atleast, we know he is getting the nutrition he needs. And the IV fluids for dehydration. It is so sad to see him that way. I know he has suffered, from depression, I just didn't know how bad it was. I wish I would have known, I talked to him the day all this happened. He was angry, at his wife, he didn't sound anything but angry!! That next morning I get a phone call, that he is in a drug induced coma!! I hope and pray, that he makes a full recovery and I have my baby brother back!! For his sake, and his childrens sake. I pray, with all my heart, that he makes it through all this, and will use this experience to help other people who suffer from depression, and drug abuse!! It will be 3 weeks tomorrow, that he has been suffering through this. Please, your thoughts and prayers, would and will be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I will let you know how things develope!! It is so hard to see my baby brother, going through all this, I wish I could take his place!! I would if I could! I love him very much, I want the very best for him!! Please keep all of us close at heart! On a little happier note, I wish ever yone a Happy Valentines Day!! Tell those you love, how you feel, cause you never know, what tomorrow holds!!
Love, Sandi

3 comments:

butterfly lover said...

I too pray that he gets better and is able to overcome this and the things that brought him here. My sis, mom and their churches have been praying for him. My sis even put in a prayer request at our retreat. With this special request people will pray for him for a year for his health and well being. Every child deserves a father and He is my son's father.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I was wondering where you've been! Saying a prayer for you little bro and his family. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))